Sunday, October 20, 2013

A grateful smile


A friend in need is a friend indeed.


I have read this a lot of times in our lives. Sometimes on the banner of school gate, sometimes on the boundary wall of church or sometimes in the elementary school student’s essay your best friend. It can make into the most used quotes also. But being most used in real life, I didn’t have any such striking experience in my life till now owing my hesitation to ask anyone for anything. It takes a big part of courage from me. I am always in the thought that what if he or she denies and I will be returned ashamed and with hurting creases in my heart for that person. I have been turned down many times in my life. Whenever I went to ask for some help in the desperation, I was turned down. So I always prefer to get it by myself.

A few days back I was in dire need of something which I couldn’t get or earn by myself. It has to be done by others. I needed prayers then. My whole hometown was in danger. Phailin, a super-hurricane was hauling with so monstrous force which threatened to destroy everything we held there. Everyone was scared. Every hand held up in prayer through out the night praying almighty to save them and their family.
I was helpless. The worst was I couldn’t be near my family. That was the day I most regretted for my decision to leave them back for my career. I felt a serious guilt of selfish pang through me. I couldn’t stop hurting myself. Then I wrote a post in my blog, asking everyone who read my blog to kindly pray for my hometown. This is all I could do at that time.

I didn’t even check it for two days. All I was doing then was pace through the hostel corridor and try to talk to everyone I knew at my hometown. And when I logged into my blog and checked it, it almost startled me. I am not so popular in the blog arena. I have just very few followers and I don’t know even all of them read it or not. It’s the truth even if it hurts. But this time I had many people who prayed for me selflessly.
I lost my balance as my feet was one feet high in air, I was so happy then. And the best part was their prayers were heard too. Though the force of Phailin destroyed a lot but it was less then what was estimated. As seven lakhs of people were evacuated prior to the cyclone (for the first time I saw government so active!! :O), there was no such loss of life. Though all the vegetation is smashed and no tree has a single leaf on it, still it was better and that’s what all were relaxed and happy.

Now I don’t know how to thank each every people who prayed for it as everyone matters a lot to me. I even don’t know how many lips read the prayer. But whoever prayed for us and whoever even thought to pray but forgot due to their busy schedule, I am thankful and grateful to all of them. I have no words to pay my gratitude. So this is something I made for them. I hope all of you will like it. J





I know it's not that good but I promise to come up with a better one! :)
















15 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad that the prayers were answered. :)
    And believe me, that was a awesome card you made. You got talent, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well..you are exaggerating it..it's not that nice..I expected much better to come out!

      Delete
    2. Well, compared to how I would have done the same thing, you made it pretty well. Don't underestimate your talent. As an artist you might have wanted it to be perfect, which it is. So hmm yeah, good job.

      Delete
  2. Aww, so glad everything is okay and yes, so grateful to everyone who put in their prayers. A lot of prayers do count, right? :D

    Stay happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah..I am grateful to all of them. Thank you.:)

      Delete
  3. I am glad you are ok! A very lovely thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... am glad you are fine and yes prayers have a lot of power....!!

    And BTW that was a lovely thing that you have made. And I mean it genuinely. I would have loved to hang it in my room and flaunt it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW I have something for you on my blog do check it out :D

    http://privytrifles.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-pinch-of-positivity.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phailin really sounded too disastrous.We also felt its affect here.
    I hope all is well back at your home. A lot got destroyed but for those saved this life is a blessing.

    The same way we faced a lot last month during flood. While there were few who cared least we also encountered many ever ready to help. Prayers count too.
    You are lucky to have such people in your life. :)

    I agree with Me. That card's a beauty. A lovely gesture from your side. :)

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may read my latest post, 'Phailin- The Emerald' briefly describing the impact of the cyclone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are okay... I did pray for you and all the people there... how very sad when things like this happen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Launa for your prayers and so much concern...really you are so sweet :)
      Yes it is very sad!

      Delete

Waiting here for your comment... <3 <3 <3