Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Stolen Moment

Coutesy- magpie tales



I turn around,
For like hundredth time,
Thinking of your return,
Fooled by own desire.

But, hey, I see you there,
From the crack in crowd,
Staring at me that smugged smile,
Lapping against the chaos.

Oh no! I shout,
People are watching out,
But you don't care,
Like it's now or never.

You sway me in,
Swifter that whistling wind,
Your cool lips on mine,
Salty tear start to sting.

A stolen moment,
I clutch it tight,
Where do I hide it,
So they won't learn to fly.


This is an entry for image prompt of Magpie tales.


10 comments:

  1. Namrata... this is a beautiful poem... where do you hide them so they don't fly away... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and a moment to be cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too beautiful and very poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 'Stolen Moment' would steal all hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those "now or never moments" can just take over sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The joy of re-uniting :) Beautifully expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful :) the last line is just so so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't life a series of such stolen moments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully written Namrata. Loved the last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete

Waiting here for your comment... <3 <3 <3